As if Israel Today’s Mishy Harman’s performance wasn’t captivating enough, the event last month also included a presentation by Sheena Jeffers and Jennifer Chapman, founders of Story Exchange, a community engagement project aimed at sharing human experiences via art. Jeffers and Chapman invited the community to share their personal Israel story. The winning entry will be turned into an art form and presented at the Sandler Family Campus.
Here’s how it works:
• Writers of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences are eligible.
• Write the story (approximately 500 words) based on the prompt, “What’s YOUR Israel Story?”
• Email the story by April 3 to email@example.com with the subject line “ISRAEL”
• Five story submissions will be selected and given to artists who will use the stories as inspiration to create a work of art (dance, song, sculpture, film, painting, poem).
• The selected stories and inspired works of art will be performed later this year.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.